When The Lights Go Out: Blogging "Dead or Alive"

I had an idea to write a post entitled "Winter Lantern" (inspired by a fuzzy snapshot of a streetlamp) and schedule it to appear here on the blog in early December 2011. I was going to talk about the topics of the day, including what recently happened in Egypt, with the revolution, Lara Logan, Mubark's ugly face, The Muslim Brotherhood and all that, but then I thought, gee, suppose I croak in the meantime or something. Do I really want to be posting articles when I'm dead?

That is an interesting question. Should bloggers pre-post articles way ahead of time? Assuming the blogger or wordpress or whatever system didn't get corrupted or otherwise fail, bloggers could be dispensing advice and anecdotes to readers (and relatives & their descendants) for years after they've departed this mortal coil.

Do we have a social responsibility to leave such a legacy? Imagine your own son or daughter reading dear dead Dad or Mom's blog 10, 15, 20 years after they've passed away? "This may be a rough time in your life. Or maybe not. I hope you are happy! I want to tell you a story about... blah blah blah."

And if a blogger should leave such articles behind, would readers, family members, descendants feel an obligation to read them or a sense of guilt if they didn't?

Sexy Nude Celebrity Hot Female Celebrity